Monday, January 21, 2008

Mini Results Post


I have a really hard time seeing my weight-loss successes. I guess I'm just not that observant. Heck, I didn't even realize it was going on! But here are a few things that happened in the last few days that make me think what I'm doing must be working:
  • DH came into the bathroom Saturday morning when I was dressing and said, "I can tell you are losing weight." This man is nothing if he's not blatantly honest, so I have to believe him.
  • When I went to visit my parents that same day, the first words out of my mom's mouth were, "Hey! You're losing weight!" I had last seen her at Christmas, so it hasn't even been a month yet! My mom is a lot like my DH. Blatantly honest. Must be the German in both of them!
  • Today when I was going through my skin-care routine I noticed that my face looked "better." I couldn't figure out what it was and then I realized, I'm losing some of my puffiness. My face is typically very small, and I have to be at my heaviest before I gain any weight there. But they say when it comes to weight loss, "last hired, first fired." I hadn't gotten a double chin and puffy cheeks until my most recent weight gain, so it looks like that's coming off!
  • I think my jeans seem a little looser. It's so hard for me to tell, though. I'm sure the next time I wash them, they won't be so loose!
Anyhow, I'm very excited that I've had this much success in such a short time! My second weigh-in is February 1st, so I guess I'll see if anything registers on the scale!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Great job!!! Yes, if it's showing in your face, you're definitely making progress. You may want to consider (in addition to doing weigh-ins) also taking your measurements. Sometimes the results will show there, but not on the scale and seeing loss in inches can keep you motivated even when the scale isn't moving. YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!