Monday, January 14, 2008

Food and Workout Journal for January 14, 2008

6:30 a.m.: 2/3 c. Organic cinnamon raisin granola cereal with 1/2 c. 2% milk; small glass juice; one orange

12:30 p.m.: Key West Cafe with the girls: Grouper sandwich w/cajun mayo on wheat bun; French fries (about 2/3 of the serving), diet coke

6:00 p.m.: Grilled cheese and bacon sandwich (1 and 1/2 slices colby cheese, 2 slices bacon, real butter, sourdough bread), small glass chocolate milk (2% milk with Hershey's syrup)

Okay, this wasn't the best healthy eating day. The difference is, though, that I was aware of everything I ate, and I let myself enjoy it. If I don't journal, I eat mindlessly all day, and I really don't even know what I'm eating (much less enjoy it). I'm not sure how many calories I hit today (maybe 2000?)....but I do know that it's STILL less than I was eating prior to January 1st (even on my best days).

Tomorrow I have another lunch out planned. I will try to eat something a little lighter for supper, though.

WORKOUT: Ahhh....pulling out Cardio Sculpt with Allie Del-Rio is a little like coming home. Sure, the setting is sterile and the music is sucky. But after I came (kicking and screaming) to the realization the the old Firm was no more, I grew to love this tape. It's pure, unadulterated AWT. Nothing too creative, but it does flow.

I haven't done the workout in probably two years, but I barely missed a step as it's somehow ingrained in my head. I was also able to use the majority of my old weight levels. I did modify the leg press by using a dowel instead of weights (and only using a 12 inch step, but that's normal for me). I think I'll have to do that for quite awhile as I'm heavy enough the way it is!


No comments: