Sunday, June 1, 2008

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!!

Well, I've been doing my best to prepare for my PHR exam, and I think I'm doing fairly well. I did all of the sample test questions on the CD provided with the SHRM Learning System (all 1,040 of them), and I scored a 79%. Not great, but I only need 70% to pass. I think I missed some of them out of pure exhaustion.


I also did a couple more tests from other sources. I scored 81% on a 106-question test that was provided from our study group yesterday. Today I did a timed computerized test from the HRCI (the organization who actually gives the test) and scored 82%. I was very happy with that score as the test was hard. Plus the questions are supposed to be very similar to what will be on the actual test, so I was relieved with how close I am. I still have to read up on Employee and Labor Relations (the union crap), as I only scored 56.25% on that area. I'm very glad not to have to deal with unions in my job. I think I'd pull my hair out over all of the stupidity.


With the test being on Friday, I have a few more days to get ready.

2 comments:

Stepher said...

Hi:

I don't know what tests you're studying for but I wish you luck. I have no clue how I made it through college considering my former study habits...

LOVE the idea of keeping a food/exercise blog. I sooooooo need to do that again.

BTW, saw your comment on Childfreedom and had to check you out since I'm also a thirty-something CF girl.

Nice to meet you!

Stepher

CFVixen said...

Good to meet you Stepher! Thank you for stopping by. Although a lot of this blog is my exercise/diet, I do have a few CF posts on here. Hopefully you will enjoy them.

The test I'm taking is for my Human Resources certification. I'll be relieved when it's over!