Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Food and Workout Journal for April 29, 2008


Well, I don't know what happened this morning. I never even heard my alarm, but I ended up waking up at 5:20 a.m., which is too late to start my workout and make it to work in time. Unfortunately, I was wide awake so it wasn't like I could even enjoy some extra sleep! I was really irritated about that. I guess I could have done 1/2 hour, but even that would have been pushing it. Still, the weather was decent tonight, so DH and I took a nice long walk in Brecksville Reservation. Of course, that entailed a stop for dinner at Panera!

6:20 a.m. 1 cup OHs! cereal with 1/2 c. 2% milk, 1 mini bagel w/whipped cream cheese, small glass OJ

10:30 a.m. 2 styrofoam cups full of Chex Mix (dang, I wish Kathy would quit bringing in snacks!), diet coke

12:00 p.m. 3 pieces of Rascal House pepperoni pizza, 1 can diet coke

6:45 p.m. Panera w/DH: little sample of a cinnamon roll, Chipotle Chicken Sandwich*** (Pepper-mustard chicken, bacon, cheddar, onions & ancho-chipotle spread), 1 pickle, few bites of French-wheat baguette, water.

7:50 p.m. 3 Dove Chocolates

***Okay, so this was soooo not a good eating day. I thought I'd eat something lighter this evening since I had three pieces of pizza for lunch. Well, Panera is a great place to go in comparison with some fast-food restaurants, but calorie-wise, I sure didn't save anything. I just checked what the calorie count was for the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich. Get this: 800 freaking calories!!!! Hell, a Big Mac is only 540!! And yeah, I ate the whole thing even though I was not all that hungry. Typically, I will only eat 1/2 sandwich at Panera, and then I bring the other 1/2 home. The kind I got tonight wouldn't keep well, so I shoved it all down. Never again. Eight hundred calories. Shit.

WORKOUT: 1 hour walk (Brecksville Reservation) 7500 steps

No comments: