Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Things have been a little crazy this last month, and this weekend has been the first in awhile where we had absolutely nothing planned.

Today we did a little summertime cooking and prepared some chickens in our rotisserie oven. I made California Cole Slaw and Grandma Ople's Apple Pie for dessert (modified slightly). I've made the cole slaw before, and we both liked it. The apple pie was a first and it was wonderful! It would have been even better with some vanilla ice cream, but who could complain about warm homemade apple pie?

I've been really a little lazy with my workouts lately. Still getting some activity in, but a lot of it is walking. I did a Firm workout on Wednesday and was sore for days! I will start back up tomorrow. I always take off a day or so when TTOM comes around as I'm just so achy, crampy, and uncoordinated. Today was that day.

But it gives me some time to read, and I've been doing a lot of that lately. Today I started reading The House at Riverton, and I can tell I'm going to love it. I'm also (finally!) buying my own MP3 player so that I can download lots of audio books and enjoy them at my leisure. DH had bought me one for Christmas a couple of years ago but kind of took it over. I figured I'd get one that is easier to use and I know I'll love listening to books on it as well as music while I'm walking, doing housework, getting ready in the mornings, and right before I go to sleep.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Oooooh homemade apple pie. What could be better? NOTHING. (Well, except homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top. Gotta agree with you there)